Print Books (Turabian/Chicago)
Reference to an entire book:
- Babcock, William S. The Ethics of St Augustine. Atlanta: Scholars Press, 1991.
Reference to chapter in a book:
- Trueman, Carl R. "Simul Peccator et Justus: Martin Luther and Justification." In Justification in Perspective, edited by Bruce L. McCormack, 73-97. Grand Rapids: Rutherford House, 2006.
Editors and Translators:
- Origen. On First Principles. Translated by G. W. Butterworth. Introduction by Henri de Lubac. Gloucester, MA: Peter Smith, 1973.
Reference to a Book in Series Quoted in Another Book:
- Basil the Great. Homilia in Psalmum. Patrologiae Cursus Completus, Series Graeca 29, edited by J. P. Migne. 1912. Reprint, Turnholti, Belgium: Brepols Editores, 1960. Quoted in James McKinnon, Music in Early Christian Literature. New York: Cambridge University Press, 1987.
- Joiner, Thekla Ellen. Sin in the City: Chicago and Revivalism, 1880-1920. Columbia: University of Missouri Press, 2007. Accessed August 5, 2014. EBSCOhost eBook Collection.
- Bible verses are not included in a bibliography, only cited in the body of a paper. For the first citation in your paper, indicate the version cited in parentheses following the quote. For subsequent citations, do not indicate version.
- First Citation: (2 Kgs 10:1 NRSV)
- Subsequent citations (2 Kgs 10:1)
- Von Rad, Gerhard. Genesis. Revised edition. Old Testament Library. Philadelphia: The Westminster Press, 1972.
Commentary with individually written articles (online)
- Fretheim, Terence E. "Genesis 2:4-25: Another Look at Creation." In The New Interpreter's Bible: General Articles & Introduction, Commentary, & Reflections for Each Book of the Bible, Including the Apocryphal/Deuterocanonical Books. Nashville: Abingdon Press, 1994. Accessed August 8, 2014. Ministry Matters.
Commentary written by Single Author (online)
- Leithart, Peter J. "1Kings 3:1-28." In 1 & 2 Kings." Grand Rapids, MI: Brazos Press, 2006. Accessed August 8, 2014. EBSCOhost eBook Collection.