Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Chicago/Turabian Citation Style
Print Books (Turabian/Chicago)
Reference to an entire book:
- Babcock, William S. The Ethics of St Augustine. Atlanta: Scholars Press, 1991.
Reference to chapter in a book:
- Trueman, Carl R. "Simul Peccator et Justus: Martin Luther and Justification." In Justification in Perspective, edited by Bruce L. McCormack, 73-97. Grand Rapids: Rutherford House, 2006.
Editors and Translators:
- Origen. On First Principles. Translated by G. W. Butterworth. Introduction by Henri de Lubac. Gloucester, MA: Peter Smith, 1973.
Reference to a Book in Series Quoted in Another Book:
- Basil the Great. Homilia in Psalmum. Patrologiae Cursus Completus, Series Graeca 29, edited by J. P. Migne. 1912. Reprint, Turnholti, Belgium: Brepols Editores, 1960. Quoted in James McKinnon, Music in Early Christian Literature. New York: Cambridge University Press, 1987.
- Joiner, Thekla Ellen. Sin in the City: Chicago and Revivalism, 1880-1920. Columbia: University of Missouri Press, 2007. Accessed August 5, 2014. EBSCOhost eBook Collection.
- Bible verses are not included in a bibliography, only cited in the body of a paper. For the first citation in your paper, indicate the version cited in parentheses following the quote. For subsequent citations, do not indicate version.
- First Citation: (2 Kgs 10:1 NRSV)
- Subsequent citations (2 Kgs 10:1)
- Von Rad, Gerhard. Genesis. Revised edition. Old Testament Library. Philadelphia: The Westminster Press, 1972.
Commentary with individually written articles (online)
- Fretheim, Terence E. "Genesis 2:4-25: Another Look at Creation." In The New Interpreter's Bible: General Articles & Introduction, Commentary, & Reflections for Each Book of the Bible, Including the Apocryphal/Deuterocanonical Books. Nashville: Abingdon Press, 1994. Accessed August 8, 2014. Ministry Matters.
Commentary written by Single Author (online)
- Leithart, Peter J. "1Kings 3:1-28." In 1 & 2 Kings." Grand Rapids, MI: Brazos Press, 2006. Accessed August 8, 2014. EBSCOhost eBook Collection.