Print Books (AMA)
- Author's name(s). Chapter title. In: Surname and first and middle initials of book authors or editors or translators if any. Title of book and subtitle. Volume number. Edition. Place of publication: Name of publisher; year of copyright: Page numbers when cited.
Reference to an entire book:
- Modlin J, Jenkins P. Decision Analysis in planning for a Polio Outbreak in the United States. San Francisco, CA: Pediatric Academic Societies; 2004.
Reference to chapter in a book:
- Solensky R. Drug Allergy: desensitization and treatment of reactions to antibiotics and aspirin. In: Lockey P, ed. Allergens and Allergen Immunotherapy. 3rd ed. New York, NY: Marcel Dekker; 2004:585-606.
Editors and Translators:
- Plato. The Laws. Taylor EA, trans-ed. London, England: JM Dent & Sons Ltd; 1934:104-105.
- US Department of Health and Human Services. Understanding and Improving Health and Objectives for Improving Health. Vol 1. 2nd ed. Washington, DC: US Dept of Health and Human Services; 2000.
- Glinoer D. Thyroid disease during pregnancy. In: Braverman LE, Utiger RE, eds. Werner and Ingbar's The Thyroid: A Fundamental and Clinical Text. 8th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2000:1013-1027.