- Justify your text & ensure that lines don't break in the middle of words.
- Use a standard, simple font such as Times New Roman, Calibri, or Arial.
- Use large font & make section headings bold and/or a bit larger.
- Dark text on light background is best. It is easiest to read and uses less ink when printing.
- There should be logical flow between sections. A standard arrangement is columns followed top to bottom and left to right. Try something like the example below (sections are labeled as for an experimental poster in the sciences).
See more tips & sample posters at: http://www.ncsu.edu/project/posters/