Skip to Main Content
Interactions with patrons
- Ask patrons to stand in front of the plexiglas. There are also Xs on the ground to show patrons where to stand.
- Remind patrons not to walk behind the Circulation Desk. If they need to go to Jaimie's office, have Jaimie wave them through first. She may choose to meet with them elsewhere.
- Remind any patron that walks in without a mask or wearing it improperly that masks are required in public areas of the library. The only non-public areas in the library are individual or group study rooms. If anyone has issues with this, find a library staff member to deal with it. If it is during evening hours or weekends when no library staff are present, call Security (x3333) to handle this.
- The library is currently only accessible to the UD Community. Refer members of the public to Carnegie Stout: https://www.dubuque.lib.ia.us/DocumentCenter/View/4122/Were-Open-Poster_72420
New circ responsibilities/procedures
- When items are returned, check them in & inventory them. Then put them in the quarantine bin. Do not leave the returned items sitting in the return areas. Try to get them to quarantine, ASAP. Library staff members will empty these bins twice a day.
- Bring your ID with you to work. You will need it to get in the front doors. These doors won't unlock until we open so you'll need to call Security to let you in. You might want to call from your car or walking up to the building as you won't be able to get in the front door either.
- Please always wear your face covering properly at the desk, as well as your name tag. We are discouraging eating at the desk as it will require you to take your mask off, but recognize on weekend shifts and long shifts you may need to.
- Reserve books will have a label on them explaining these books have not been quarantined between uses, and encouraging patrons to sanitize their hands before and after handling these books. You might want to remind them. And do the same.
- Clean the circulation desk area at the end of each of your shifts. This includes the following spaces & items:
- Phone, keyboard, and mouse
- Scanner and desensitizer
- Media unlocking station
- Drawer handles
- Locker handles
- If you notice masks or hand sanitizer is low at any of the stations (lobby or front), please let Molly (firstname.lastname@example.org) know so she can contact the right people to get more. A staff member will be checking, but this is particularly important on nights and weekends if you notice.
- If you notice the cleaning products (either behind the desk or in the public areas) getting low, please let Molly(email@example.com) know so she can contact the right people to get more. A staff member will be checking, but this is particularly important on nights and weekends if you notice.
- Please practice social distancing while at the Circulation Desk.Shifts will likely be double staffed to help keep shelving under control as well as handling issues with the door and public patrons.