Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Tips for book searching
To browse scholarly and popular interpersonal communication texts, try searching by subject, rather than keyword. Use the advanced search and select "Subject" from the dropdown menu
Don't forget, you don't need to use the whole book. Want to use just a chapter? Let us scan it for you. Fill out this form and bring it and the book up to the front (circulation) desk and we'll scan it and email it to you.
Need help reading a call number? Check out this guide.
Searching the library catalog
The library catalog contains records for where to find all of the materials we physically own in the library: books, movies, board games, etc. It also contains links to all the e-books and streaming documentaries we own. We share this catalog with libraries around the world which allows us to get print items we don't own from other libraries, but this doesn't apply to e-books.
Retrieving your book
If you found an E-book - Just click on the "access online" button from the catalog. If you are unsure how to get to the full text check out this guide.
If you found a print book - First check to see if it is available. To locate it in the library you will need to know both the collection and the call number.
Location of Materials
1. Circulating Collection
- A-K call numbers on 1st floor
- L-Z call numbers on 3rd floor
2. New Book Collection (1st floor)
3. Reference Collection (1st floor)
4. Curriculum Library: skip (kids’ books)
1. You can use the "Place Hold" feature to have the library staff pull. You'll be notified via UD email when ready.
2. Checked out? Use the "Place Hold” feature to be notified via UD email when it's returned. Need it faster? Use the "Recall" feature.
3. Note that to place holds, check due dates, or renew materials online, you must log in. Select "Set/Reset password" the 1st time & note that you must use your UD ID number NOT your username. See text & video instructions here
. Library staff do not keep track of library catalog passwords.