Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Use the subject headings (i.e. CINAHL Headings, MeSH) to find out the official terminology.
- Advanced Search limit options include: Articles in which any author is a nurse, nursing journal subset, patient demographics (age, sex)
- Use "Find It" button to find full-text
- Child*: Finds child, children, childhood, etc.
- *natal: Finds prenatal, antenatal, postnatal, etc.
- Quotation marks: Finds phrases e.g. “acute pain” ; (AND is the default)
- Plurals: Are found automatically, e.g. hand finds hand or hands
The authoritative source of information for the professional literature of nursing, allied health, biomedicine, and healthcare including references to books, book chapters, pamphlets, audiovisuals, dissertations, educational software, selected conference proceedings, standards of professional practice, nurse practice acts, critical paths, and research instruments. Although a bibliographic database, CINAHL includes selected original and full-text material.
Health Source (Nursing/Academic Edition)
Provides access to over 575 scholarly full text journals in nursing and allied health.