Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Tips for using the Library Catalog
- You can access the catalog on or off-campus
- Use general and specific keywords to find books and e-books about your topic.
- Use the List Feature in the Catalog to track what titles you have
- You can either print or e-mail your list to yourself
- Use the Table of contents and index to locate useful chapters
- Check out books by using your student ID card
- Circulation periods = 4 weeks for books, 2 weeks for periodicals, media, & Kindles/Fires
- Check account status/renew materials in library catalog “My Account” tab
- No overdue fines, only replacement charges
- Do not reshelve items
Don't forget, you don't need to use the whole book. Want to use just a chapter? Let us scan it for you. Fill out this form and bring it and the book up to the front (circulation) desk and we'll scan it and email it to you.
Need help reading a call number? Check out this guide.
Location of Materials
1. Circulating Collection
- A-K call numbers on 1st floor
- L-Z call numbers on 3rd floor
2. New Book Collection (1st floor)
3. Reference Collection (1st floor)
4. Curriculum Library: skip (kids’ books)
5. WTS:“Request Item” and enter ID number. The item will come via daily shuttle > Notification via UD email when item is available.
1. You can use the "Place Hold" feature to have the library place on hold for you. Notification via UD email when item is available.
2. Checked out? Use the "Place Hold” feature to recall & place hold. Notification via UD email when item is available.
3. Note that to place holds, check due dates, or renew materials online, you must log in. Select "Set/Reset password" the 1st time & note that you must use your UD ID number NOT your username. See text & video instructions here. Library staff do not keep track of library catalog passwords.